The staff of Hebrew Rehabilitation Center recognizes the vital role of families in the care of residents.
We look to families to:
- Act as integral members of HRC's caring community, with opportunities to share in every aspect of resident caregiving.
- Enhance communication and foster constructive alliances among residents, families and staff.
- Increase areas of involvement for family members to plan and participate in their relative's life at HRC.
There are five formal components of fostering family partnerships. These include:
- Involvement of families in resident care planning--understanding the strengths, needs and problems of residents.
- Personal caregiving--offering training that allows family members to become more involved in the personal care of their relative.
- Successful visits--providing tips on how to make visiting more successful for families and their relative.
- Creating a "community of families"--offering the opportunity to become involved in a family network in which ideas, resources and information can be shared.
- Volunteering--providing opportunities to work with residents, other than their own relative.