Jewish Nursing Homes: Jewish Life and Services at Hebrew SeniorLife
Hebrew Rehabilitation Center stands out among Jewish nursing homes for its combination of quality Jewish life and quality of care. At Hebrew Rehabilitation Center nursing home, events of Jewish significance are discussed in current events groups, opportunities to hear Jewish music are frequent, and staff have become accustomed to numerous Yiddish words and expressions. Special care is given to be sensitive to and honor those residents and patients who survived the Holocaust. The strength and vitality of our Jewish nursing home community is evident in the care and compassion shown by staff and among residents.
- Jewish cultural life at Hebrew Rehabilitation Center
- Erev Shabbat blessings led by volunteers on all units on Friday afternoons
- Shabbat and Holiday services
- Weekly Bible class with the Rabbi
- Monthly Bible class in Russian
- Large community Sukkah and Sukkot programming
- Passover Seders (including a Russian-speaking seder)
- Purim Spiel and Megilla reading
- Programs for Israeli Independence Day and Holocaust Memorial Day
- Hannukah Latke parties on all the units, led by Recreation Therapy Department
- Memorial services on the units, and an annual community wide service
- Kosher food services and cafeteria under supervision of the Orthodox Rabbinical Council of Greater Boston
- Concerts and programs with Jewish themes weekly, organized by Recreational Therapy Department
If you're looking at Jewish nursing homes, contact us to learn more about the care and Jewish community life offered at our facility.