How you can help
As a volunteer, you bring your own special skills and interests to HRC. Here are some ways you can make a difference:
- Transport wheelchair-bound residents to medical appointments or cultural events within the facility
- Help in our art/ceramics studio
- Provide hand massages to residents through our “Caring Touch” program
- Be a “Friendly Visitor” to residents who don’t have much company
- Lead a discussion group
- Assist wth activities on various units
- Lend a hand at mealtimes for residents who need help with eating
- Aid staff in our pharmacy
- Facilitate poker, mah jongg, bingo or other games for small groups of residents
- Bring your certified therapy dog to visit with residents
- Use your photography skills to record resident and staff activities
- Be an “on call volunteer” for special projects and assignments
The rewards of volunteering are many, but none is as great as the knowledge that you can and do make a positive difference. Whenever you share your time, skills and talents, you are enhancing, directly or indirectly, the lives of the seniors we serve at Hebrew Rehabilitation Center. Volunteers are an integral part of our commitment to caring for the physical and emotional well-being of every senior. Volunteers founded HRC, and it is this tradition of giving that, more than a century later, helps keep it strong. As a volunteer, your contribution brings a dimension and light to the spiritual and cultural foundation that is the heart of HRC.
As a volunteer, your contribution brings a dimension and light to the spiritual and cultural foundation that is the heart of HRC.