Therapy House Calls in Boston
HSL specializes in geriatric physical therapy, occupational therapy, and speech-language pathology. Our therapists help seniors realize their full potential at all phases of life so that the senior years can be lived to their fullest. We are focused on providing care and support that will help seniors recover after an illness, manage chronic conditions, adjust to a new limitation, and support your goals for health and wellness. Among those services is an innovative program called Therapy House Calls.
Therapy House Calls is a Hebrew SeniorLife Rehabilitative Outpatient Therapy service that allows you to access services within your home.
Physical therapy, occupational therapy, and speech-language pathology services in the home are covered under the following conditions:
- You do not need to be classified as “homebound” and/or do not require skilled nursing care.
- You have functional impairments impacting your daily activities within your environment and/or want to achieve a higher level of functioning.
- You have a “flare-up” of a chronic condition such as Arthritis that significantly affects function, and requires the skill of a therapist to treat.
- You have a progressive degenerative condition that may require intermittent therapy services to determine the need for assistive equipment and/or establish a program to maximize function.
Benefits of Therapy House Calls:
- Most covered under Medicare Part B
- No driving to outpatient clinics
- Allows for modification of home environment
- Improved ability to educate caregivers and family members
- Ability to bring adaptive equipment directly to the home
- Homebound status does not apply
Covered conditions and diagnoses include but are not limited to:
- musculoskeletal impairment
- reduced endurance
- balance deficits
- gait dysfunction
- poorly fitting equipment
- decreased ADLs, and wheelchair assessment and fitting
Chronic and progressive degenerative conditions such as arthritis, spinal stenosis, Parkinson’s and Alzheimer’s disease, are covered when coupled with functional decline that require the skill of a therapist.
THC Specialty Programs: Solutions to Keep You Safe, and ReStore your Life
- Fall Prevention
- Safe Driving Consultations
- Osteoporosis Management
- Safe Swallowing
- Memory/Concentration Consultations
- Pain Management
- Orthopedic Pre-Op
- Vertigo Relief Techniques
- Lymphedema Management
- Low Vision Consultations
- Home Safety Evaluations