At Hebrew Rehabilitation Center (HRC) our long-term chronic care hospital license allows us to offer comprehensive medical programs and therapies that meet the special needs of older adult patients. We understand the important role families play in our patients’ care and view each patient as an individual with a unique set of goals for care.
We offer a long-term chronic care, a medically acute care and outpatient rehabilitative and specialty therapies. Our post-acute Rehabilitative Services Unit is also located at both HRC locations in Boston and Dedham.
Care at HRC is provided by:
- Our on-site Department of Medicine —one of the largest geriatric practices in Massachusetts. Many of our physicians are affiliated with Harvard Medical School, and the practice includes geriatricians, geriatric nurse practitioners, and geriatric psychiatrists.
- A specialized nursing staff.
- Specialized therapists who provide a wide range of rehabilitative therapies.
- A palliative care specialty team that includes physicians, social workers, nurses, and spiritual care providers who focus on pain relief, and the symptoms and emotional stress brought on by serious illness.
- A life enhancement team, who offer patients a wide range of activities to optimize quality of life and provide opportunities for continued personal growth.
- Specialized trainers who provide exercise programs, where patients can work out under close supervision.
- Rabbis and chaplains who attend to the spiritual and religious needs of the HRC community.
- A culinary team that provides nutritional services to all patients, and offers a kosher-only menu on our Boston campus. Kosher meals are available on request at HRC in Dedham.
Referral and Admission to Long-Term Chronic Care at HRC
Referral and Admission to Medically Acute Care at HRC