Hebrew Rehabilitation Center (HRC) at NewBridge on the Charles, Dedham is located in the Gloria Adelson Field Health Center, a pioneering, state-of-the-art geriatric health care center that offers comprehensive Rehabilitative Services Unit (RSU), long-term care, and a memory care unit.
Building on Hebrew SeniorLife's holistic approach to care, the HRC serves as ground-breaking model in creating an optimal living environment and providing the types of services and programs that seniors best respond to physically and emotionally when in short- or long-term care rehabilitation. The private rooms and common living spaces resemble all the charm and coziness of home, providing plenty of natural light, warmth, and comfort.
The building is named in honor of Gloria Adelson Field, a devoted volunteer and supporter of Hebrew SeniorLife. The health care center is a resident-focused community made up of small households, with 14-16 residents (each having their own private bedroom, bathroom, and shower). Using state-of-the-art architectural design and advanced technology, medical equipment is stored out of view to help create a natural home environment. Each household features a country kitchen and warm, inviting, and comfortable living areas where residents can socialize, visit with friends and family, and participate in community activities.
We offer excellent, compassionate nursing and medical care. Certified nursing assistants - who are closest to the residents - serve as integral liaisons between each household and the clinical support team. This is an effective and consistent way to help ensure the best possible physical and emotional care of each resident.
The health center design was based on:
- decades of research from Hebrew SeniorLife, a teaching affiliate of Harvard Medical School
- a model of care developed by HSL leadership as well as a team of CNAs, nurses, social workers, physicians, and administrators, who collaborated on best practices to create an optimal living environment for those in long-term care
The health care center in Dedham offers 48 beds for short-term rehabilitative care, 176 beds for long-term services, and 44 beds for those requiring memory care, and also features:
- Outpatient services including onsite clinics in ophthalmology, podiatry, audiology, surgery, cardiology, and radiology, as well as an onsite pharmacy
- Board-certified Harvard Medical School-affiliated geriatricians
- Therapies, including physical therapy, occupational therapy, and speech/language pathology
- Electronic medical records
- Wireless call system
- Multigenerational programming with the Rashi School, a K-8 day school, which brings hundreds of children to the campus each day. The children interact with residents and staff on a regular basis through learning opportunities, programs, and activities.
Contact Hebrew Rehabilitation Center at NewBridge at 781-234-9700