How to Apply
There are three ways to request a Jack Satter House (JSH) housing application:
- Download application forms below. These forms can be mailed or faxed back to 781 289-3154
- Call 781 289-4505 to request an application be mailed to your current residence.
- The JSH always welcomes “walk-ins” who are seeking information and/or an application. Monday – Friday (9:00 am – 5:00 pm.)
Download 3 Application Forms:
- HRCA Housing for Elderly, INC. – Jack Satter House Preliminary Status Form
- Supplement to Application for Federally Assisted Housing
- Mandatory Weeknight Meals Program
Applicants will be considered on a first-received, first-reviewed basis, based upon the date that the completed and signed application is received by management of Jack Satter House. Applications can be mailed, faxed or dropped-off at the Jack Satter House.
Frequently Asked Questions:
- What is the eligibility criterion?
- HRCA Housing for Elderly, Inc. is a Massachusetts based non-profit corporation. It owns and operates Jack Satter House, an apartment housing facility consisting of 266 units in Revere, Massachusetts. Hebrew SeniorLife acts as the managing agent for this property. The purpose of this housing is to provide housing for extremely low, very low, and low income elderly individuals and families through the Department of Housing and Urban Development.
- The local “Section 8” Income Limits apply to this property and applicants must meet specific income restrictions to be eligible for housing. Please refer to the application for current limits.
- Admission to Jack Satter House is limited to those applicants whose income meets the “Section 8” Income Limits for this area.
- Is there an minimum age requirement at the JSH?
- Project Admissions Criteria HUD Handbook 4350.3 REV 1, Chapter 3, Paragraph 3-34
Section 221(D) (3) BMIR, Section 221(D) (3) or (D)(4) with Rent Supplement or Insured Section 236 with or without RAP, Rent Supplement or Section 8 (LMSA)
The Jack Satter House is a project designed entirely for the elderly, head or spouse must be age 62 or older. In projects built to accommodate the elderly and mobility impaired, the elderly units may be restricted to households in which head or spouse is age 62 or older.
- How do I apply?
- Applicants will be considered on a first-received, first-reviewed basis, based upon the date that the completed and signed application is received by management of Jack Satter House. Applications can be mailed, faxed or dropped-off at the Jack Satter House. Download the forms above.
- How long is the JSH wait list?
- Any applicant who appears to qualify after Jack Satter House reviews the application, but before any information is formally verified, and for whom a unit is not currently available, will be placed on the Waiting List. The applicant is informed of the approximate wait for a unit and/or placement position on the waiting list.
- Do I have to participate in the JSH Meals Program?
- YES, the Jack Satter House has a mandatory weeknight meals program which provides tenants with a full course kosher dinner each evening, Monday through Friday. The mandatory meals program is a condition of occupancy and is an additional monthly charge not included in the monthly rent. The Jack Satter House operates a kosher “meat” kitchen, meaning that no dairy products are used in the preparation of meals and the kitchen is under rabbinical supervision. Traditional meals are served on Jewish holidays and Friday evenings for Sabbath.
The meals vary from day-to-day, offering a variety of choices for the tenants.
- Is the Jack Satter House a smoke-free community?
- Yes, the Jack Satter House is 100% smoke-free in all indoor areas, as well as apartments.