Transitioning into assisted living or memory care assisted living, whether from home, another community, or even NewBridge Independent Living, can be a very stressful process. Our priority is to work in close partnership with Residents and their families to guide them as simply as possible them through the entire process.
Get to Know us First
Before you apply, we invite you to take the following steps to get to know us better:
- Visit our community. This is your opportunity to sit with an experienced professional, share your unique story, concerns, and individual needs, as well as tour the NewBridge campus.
- Talk to current Residents and families. What is living here really like? We’ll provide you with a list of current Residents and family members to contact.
- Experience our community as a “Resident-for-a-Day.” Looking for a more in-depth taste of NewBridge? We invite prospective Residents to share a meal with us, attend some programs and explore the community at their own pace.
Potential Residents take the following steps as part of the application process:
- Medical Qualification. Your primary care physician will complete the NewBridge medical form. Our Nursing Director will then spend some time with you to get a sense of your care needs and determine whether they can be adequately served by our community.
- Financial Qualification In order to financially qualify Residents, the NewBridge application asks you to disclose some financial information.
We are committed to ensuring a smooth and welcoming move to our community. Preparing for the move will include the following steps:
- Pre-Move In Meeting. In preparing for your move, you will meet with our key management staff: Executive Director, Director of Nursing, Program Managers, Business Manager, and Marketing Manager. Each is passionate about their work and brings compassion and extensive experience to our community. They will provide you with the tools and resources you need to make your transition successful.
- Meeting Your Care Coordinator. Once you are part of our NewBridge family, you will be introduced to your Care Coordinator - your primary contact and liaison who will help ensure that your needs are met within our community.
- Transition Support. We will prepare for your arrival by coordinating your first few meals, encouraging attendance at select programs, welcoming you during a new Resident luncheon, and providing additional one-to-one support as you adjust to your new home.