Orchard Cove's rich, diverse range of activities and programs reflect the many interests of our residents. Our programs are designed to enrich our residents' lives as well as provide opportunities for them to stay involved in civic activities and make important contributions to the community at large.
See our calendar of events.
Read the latest issue of our newsletter, The Gazebo.
Hundreds of educational programs are held throughout the year, many taught by local professors and noted experts in their fields (some are our own residents!). Programs might include:
- Lectures in the Orchard Cove Speaker series includes some of Boston’ and our states’ most talented authors, historians, artists, professors
- Concerts that span the world of music in all of its styles, expressions and cultural experiences
- World-class theater and opera productions throughout the Boston metro area
- Art classes and twice yearly resident gallery shows
- Multigenerational activities with local schools, religious and civic groups
- Spiritual text study
- Computer lessons
- Jewelry-making classes
- Dance classes
- Choral group
Orchard Cove residents are a passionate, community-minded group who place importance on giving back and contributing their talents to help better society. In fact, more than half of our residents regularly volunteer their time for a variety of causes both inside and outside the Orchard Cove community. Volunteer opportunities include:
- Orchard Cove Resident Association (or one of the many other activity committees on campus).
- Scholarship Committee: Planning and hosting fundraising events for scholarships that help Orchard Cove employees further their education
- Project Linus: Making quilts and knitted goods that are distributed to Boston-area hospitals for infants and children.
- Volunteering at Orchard Cove: Visiting with friends in our higher levels of care and share their skills, talents, and compassion
- Resident escort: Accompanying neighbors who need assistance.
Clubs and events
We offer many active clubs and events in which residents can enjoy their favorite hobbies and discover new passions, including:
- Book and gardening clubs
- Short story, theater and poetry groups
- Orchard Cove singers
- Current events discussion group
- Duplicate bridge
- Writing for The Gazebo, Orchard Cove's quarterly community newsletter
- Film studies, including movies shown on campus several times a week
- Cultural events at museums, theatres, and the symphony