Assistance in Living
|For Orchard Cove residents who need help with daily living activities, our assistance-in-living program is ideal for helping them maintain their independence while receiving personalized and supportive services. Our 28 private assistance-in-living residences offer a choice of a studio apartment or suite with an efficiency kitchen, designed to reinforce a sense of community and maintain each resident's individuality.
Our resident-centered approach is based on a household model, where a sense of community is nurtured among a small group of residents and staff. Our many services include:
- A personalized plan of care, providing a high level of service to each resident
- Medical needs attended to by our on-site Hebrew SeniorLife medical group, staffed by our Harvard Medical School-affiliated geriatricians and geriatric nurse practitioners
- Planned social, recreational, and therapeutic activities
- Daily housekeeping and linen services
- Individual and group wellness and fitness programs
- Scheduled transportation services
- Personal care assistance, with daily living activities that help to promote independence
- Outdoor patio
- A 24/7 professional resident care response system
- Cable television and telephone hookups
- Medication management available
- Personal laundry
The staff at our assistance-in-living residences provides a full range of programs to meet the personal needs and interests of each resident. Residents enjoy a diverse program of events and activities that encourage friendship and community involvement. Samples of planned social, recreational, and therapeutic activities include:
- Gentle aerobics (taught by Orchard Cove's Fitness Director).
- Lifelong learning programs, such as the Road Scholar "Days of Discovery" and evening lectures provided for the entire Orchard Cove community. Residents who may prefer a smaller setting can take an active part in a weekly current events discussion group or in Torah study.
- Piano performances.
- Weekly art classes (using a variety of media; often culminates in participation in Orchard Cove's semiannual resident art exhibition).
Our highest priority is to provide the very best in care, while promoting independence and dignity and helping to enhance each resident's daily life with social and community programs. Residents have a wide range of opportunities to contribute to the community, enjoy different ways to remain creative and productive, and maintain an importance sense of accomplishment.
For more information, contact our Marketing Department at 781-821-1730.