Our specially trained physician, nurse, social worker and chaplain work closely with primary care teams at HRC to provide:
- Expert treatment of pain and symptoms
- Close communication and compassionate care
- Guidance with difficult treatment choices
- Detailed, practical information and assistance
- Emotional and spiritual support for residents, patients and family members
- Pastoral counseling for residents and patients of all faiths and cultures
- Expertise in serving the needs of diverse Jewish residents and patients
Unlike hospice care, which is meant specifically for those in the final stages of life, palliative care is appropriate for any stage of illness, from the time of diagnosis until death — even if aggressive, curative treatment is being sought.
Palliative care services are provided to residents on HRC's long-term care units and patients on our post-acute units (MACU and RSU). Ask your relative's doctor or nurse for a referral to the Palliative Care Program, or call us directly at 617-363-8853 for more information.
The Palliative Care Program at Hebrew Rehabilitation Center is a compassionate and innovative Jewish response to the pressing end-of-life care needs of our residents, patients and families. Palliative care is focused on relief of the pain, symptoms and emotional stress brought on by serious illness.
How Palliative Care works
Is Palliative Care right for you?
Hospice vs. Palliative Care- understand the differences
Palliative Care FAQs
Meet the Palliative Care Team
Questions? 617-363-8853 or email Palliative Care