Hebrew SeniorLife Private Care Services
How Hebrew SeniorLife Private Care powered by HouseWorks in-home services can help.
Support quality of life:
- Help client maintain routines, revive interests, and try new activities - anything from shopping to attending a meeting.
- Help client stay in touch with friends, family, and the community.
- Read aloud from newspapers, magazines, novels, snail mail, and e-mail.
- Help client organize family photos and mementos in albums.
Promote health and safety:
- Take client to medical appointments. Coordinate with HSL Private Care to schedule follow-up, pick up prescriptions, clarify doctors' instructions, and report to family.
- Remind client to take medications on time and as directed. Help make sure prescriptions are refilled on time.
- Encourage good nutrition. Prepare tasty meals that meet dietary needs.
- Offer snacks and beverages throughout the day.
- Prepare foods to accommodate chewing and swallowing difficulties.
- Provide unobtrusive supervision. Tactfully redirect client from unsafe activity.
- Encourage safe exercise. Walk with client, do prescribed exercises together.
- Provide sensitive reminders to use cane or walker correctly.
Help manage your household:
- Prioritize jobs that aren't getting done; help with completion.
- Run errands with client: grocery store, bank, library, hairdresser, post office.
- Pick-up and straighten, dust, and vacuum.
- Help with laundry and change sheets.
- Clean out closets and cabinets. Help dispose of unwanted items.
- Clean out refrigerator. Make sure spoiled and expired food is discarded.
When physical assistance is needed:
- Help client get dressed and undressed.
- Help client shower, shampoo, and maintain appearance.
- Help client use the toilet, protecting dignity and privacy.
- Style hair, help with make-up, file nails, protect skin.
- Provide safe assistance getting in and out of bed, chairs, wheelchairs, and cars.
- Offer gentle massage to ease aches and stiffness.
- Put on elastic stockings and other supports.
Client Services Team
HSL Private Care offers unparalleled customer service. Our Directors of Client Services take great care to match customers with Associates well suited to their needs and personality. Each client receives individualized attention from our Client Services Team to ensure satisfaction and respond to any concern before it becomes a problem.
Private Care Associates
When it comes to hiring our private care Associates, we look for something that’s hard to find: inspiration that comes from the heart. It takes a lot of searching. Last year, we hired one out of ten candidates who applied. We put them through a rigorous screening, CORI background check, and vetting process to ensure that they have the skills, credentials, experience, and calm professional manner they need to take charge in any situation.