Multicultural Coalition on Aging (MCA)
Who we are and what we do
Founded in 1994, the Multicultural Coalition on Aging (MCA) is comprised of more than 65 agencies, institutions and private citizens in the greater Boston area.
The MCA is dedicated to the delivery of culturally appropriate care, including educational, clinical and research programs for older adults. The MCA holds monthly meetings for presentations, information sharing, interagency networking, and collaboration on Coalition initiatives. The Coalition hosts bi-annual Aging Well Together health conferences in 10 languages for a diverse group of older adults.
Membership provides an opportunity to:
- ESTABLISH relationships with agencies serving diverse populations to build capacity for collaborative projects
- EXPAND outreach efforts to culturally diverse elders
- ENHANCE grant proposals through collaboration with the MCA
- PARTICIPATE in monthly education to gain insight on cultural competence
- NETWORK with peers who represent various disciplines and ethnicities
Monthly meetings are held the first Wednesday from 8:30 - 10:00 a.m. at Hebrew Rehabilitation Center, 1200 Centre Street, Boston. Guests are welcome.
MCA Executive Task Force