For more information on the Bilingual Services Program for Russian-speaking seniors, call 617-363-8425.
Translated into Russian:
Boston's population includes many Russian-speaking seniors, and Hebrew SeniorLife has taken an active role in addressing their special needs. Our Bilingual Services Program creates a unique environment conducive to the intellectual, mental, emotional and spiritual well-being of our Russian-speaking residents.
Special features include:
- Primary care teams, with physicians, nurses and social workers who speak fluent Russian and English.
- Other staff members, including certified nursing assistants, therapists and unit secretaries, who are fluent in Russian and English.
- Culturally appropriate activities and programs that are an integral part of day-to-day life.
- A comfortable atmosphere, including Russian folk art and a library with both Russian and English books and videos, that was designed with Russian-speaking elders in mind.
- Four free Russian television stations: Channel 1 Russia, Dom Kino, Musika Pervogo, Retro Channel
- Russian and English signage.
- Beautiful gardens and an outdoor patio area to meet with friends and relatives.
Hebrew SeniorLife is working vigorously to establish and cultivate relationships with community-based agencies, including hospitals, home care agencies, Russian associations, learning centers, stores, housing complexes, and Russian media outlets.
Our services for the Russian-speaking community are coordinated by Alexandra Dashevskaya, manager of the Bilingual Services Program, a gerontologist with many years of experience working with Russian-speaking seniors.
Ms. Dashevskaya can be reached at 617-363-8425.
Support the program
If you would like to support this important, life-affirming program, you may do so online or by mail.
Make secure online donations. Please type “Russian/ Bilingual Program” in the Additional Information: Comments field.
If you prefer to make your donation by mail, please include “Russian/ Bilingual Program” in the memo line on your check. Make checks payable to Hebrew SeniorLife and mail to:
1200 Centre Street
Boston, MA 02131
Thank you for your generous support!