Hebrew SeniorLife’s Therapy House Calls brings rehabilitative therapies right to your home.
Staffed by experts from Hebrew SeniorLife’s Outpatient Rehabilitative Services Department, THC specializes in geriatric physical therapy, occupational therapy, and speech-language pathology.
We provide care and support that will help you recover after an illness, manage chronic conditions, adjust to a new limitation, and support your goals for health and wellness.
Benefits of Therapy House Calls:
- No driving to outpatient clinics
- Experts can recommend modification of home environment
- Adaptive equipment can be brought directly to the home
- The intimate environment increases the opportunity to educate caregivers and family members about how they can enhance the rehabilitative program
- Most conditions covered under Medicare Part B and homebound status is not required
Physical therapy, occupational therapy, and speech-language pathology services in the home are covered under the following conditions:
- You have functional impairments impacting your daily activities within your environment and/or want to achieve a higher level of functioning.
- You have a “flare-up” of a chronic condition such as Arthritis that significantly affects function, and requires the skill of a therapist to treat.
- You have a progressive degenerative condition that may require intermittent therapy services to determine the need for assistive equipment and/or establish a program to maximize function.
- You do not need to be classified as “homebound” and/or do not require skilled nursing care to qualify for treatment and reimbursement under Medicare Part B.
To find out more about how rehabilitative therapies can help you or to schedule an appointment call: 617-363-8539.