We are currently considering redevelopment of our Center Communities of Brookline campus on Centre Street in Brookline, MA. This project would include:
- Redevelopment of the 108 Centre Street site into 54 affordable senior independent living apartments. This plan includes expanded indoor and outdoor community space, both of which will offer Center Communities of Brookline residents and the Town’s other senior residents significant benefits.
- Enhancements to the overall campus, including landscaping, lighting, and green space.
- To the greatest extent feasible, any new development on the Center Communities of Brookline campus would incorporate the highest standards of sustainability.
We plan to pursue a “friendly” 40B to allow the proposed development. HSL’s proposal is friendly for the following reasons, which make it very different than many 40Bs in the area:
- the project will be 100% affordable
- the project will be 100% for seniors
- HSL will engage with neighbors throughout the process as necessary, and will always answer questions and endeavor to address concerns as we go through the iterative design process with the town.
Similar to the 2Life project at 370 Harvard Street, which was deemed a “friendly” 40B, HSL is also a non-profit mission-driven organization with strong ties to Brookline and will work with the town to provide much needed affordable senior housing. HSL will also seek support for the project from the Housing Advisory Board, Select Board, and other Town Boards/Committees, as appropriate.
We welcome the opportunity to explore the expansion of our program and service offerings with the Town and our residents, neighbors, and others. As we continue to move forward, collaborative planning, shared information, and an inclusive atmosphere of trust and respect are of paramount importance.
Learn more about our concept for development:
We'd Like to Hear from You
To share any input, ideas, concerns, or questions you may have, you may leave a voicemail at 617-363-8392 and your call will be returned as soon as possible. You may also contact us via email and/or be added to our mailing list to receive updates and invitations. Please send the following information to CCBCentreStreetCampus@hsl.harvard.edu:
- Full name
- Email address
- Street number, city, zip
- Phone number