You Can Make a Difference
As part of HSL’s plan to reduce COVID-19 risk, all volunteer and multigenerational programs are suspended in order to limit the number of external visitors to our campuses. We appreciate your understanding and will update this page with any future policy changes. If you would like to show your support to our residents, patients, and staff, please read the section below to see what you can do.
At Hebrew SeniorLife we are committed to transforming the experience of aging for the seniors we serve. We depend on the generous donation of time from our volunteers who make it possible to offer so many life-enhancing programs. In turn, our volunteers find it gratifying to know that they make a real difference in an older adult’s life with their service.
Here are some of the volunteer roles available across Hebrew SeniorLife:
- Staffing the gift shop
- Leading activities like discussion groups, mah-jong, or other group games
- Visiting patients by yourself or with a therapy animal
- Being a compassionate companion for patients at the end of life
- One-on-one relationship building with an older adult
- Fulfilling a school service requirement
- Learning hand massage techniques to help patients relax