Energy, Activity, and a Spirit of Community
As a resident of the Simon C. Fireman Community, you can explore new hobbies, keep up with existing passions, make new friends, and enjoy a rich and diverse community life. Resident-driven programming includes social, educational and recreational activities, cultural events, and holiday celebrations.
This group works with Fireman Community staff to plan and provide programs and activities for the community.
You can stay active and achieve personal goals with our Vitalize 360 program. With the help of a coach, you can get tips on health, nutrition, physical and mental health, community involvement, and developing new goals.
Explore your spirituality with a variety of programming led by an interfaith chaplain. Congregation Beth Trilling, an on-site Jewish congregation, leads weekly and holiday religious services. The chaplain is also available for individual support through the joys and challenges of aging.
There are many opportunities to build relationships with young people of all ages from local schools, community organizations, and faith groups. The Simon C. Fireman Community also partners with Curry College’s nursing program to help students learn geriatric nursing first-hand from older adults.
Volunteers play a part in every aspect of the community. They staff the front desk, library, and computer center; teach fellow residents new skills; serve lunch in the coffee shop; and clerk in the general store.
You’ll find most everything you need right under your roof.
- Meal Program - Full Kosher meal is available once a day on weekdays. Monday through Wednesday the meal is free of charge; on Thursday and Friday it can be purchased for an additional fee.
- Library - Stocked with books, newspapers, and magazines.
- Staffed fitness center with personalized training and group classes.
- Art Studio - You can use the art studio for individual use and group classes.
- Grocery & Goodies store
- Computer Center
- Full-service salon
- Weekly banking with Bank of Canton
- Weekly bus services to local supermarkets
- Podiatrist, massage therapist, and chiropractor services