Services to Support the Whole Patient
We offer whole-patient care through a range of services including:
- Nursing care with consistent staff assignment and 24-hour telephone coverage for urgent concerns. After hours and weekend visits arranged as needed.
- Home health care visits scheduled as needed to offer focused care around bathing and feeding, as well as provide brief respite for caregivers.
- Medical social workers with consistent assignment, skilled in assisting and guiding patients and their families through issues related to the special needs and emotional stresses inherent to this most vulnerable population.
- Physical, occupational, and speech therapy to help ensure patients and their families/caregivers are able to maintain safety in their current environment.
- Complementary services, such as massage therapy, reiki, music therapy, and pet therapy.
- Pastoral-care providers offering spiritual care and support to patients and families/caregivers of all faiths, as well as a deep familiarity with Jewish traditions.
- Volunteer companionship, so you and your loved one can have the support of a gentle, engaging visitor to ease the hours with conversation, quiet company, or caregiver respite.
- Family/bereavement support to guide family members in anticipation of loss and provide grief support through a 13-month period following death.
Learn more about Jewish thought around end-of-life issues and hospice care in our Question & Answers about Hebrew SeniorLife's Approach to Jewish Hospice.
Patients receiving long-term chronic care at Hebrew Rehabilitation Center receive similar interdisciplinary end-of-life care through our palliative care team.
Family Member Testimonial
You have done more for my family in the short time we’ve known you than I can possibly say. And when hearing that a rabbi was part of the hospice team, it was a huge source of comfort during the toughest of days.