Services to Support the Whole Patient
We offer whole-patient care through a range of services including:
- Nursing care with consistent staff assignment and 24-hour telephone coverage for urgent concerns. After hours and weekend visits arranged as needed.
- Home health care visits scheduled as needed to offer focused care around bathing and feeding, as well as provide brief respite for caregivers.
- Hebrew SeniorLife Hospice at Orchard Cove offers a hospice option within our long-term care community to adults in need of end-of-life care.
- Medical social workers with consistent assignment, skilled in assisting and guiding patients and their families through issues related to the special needs and emotional stresses inherent to this most vulnerable population.
- Physical, occupational, and speech therapy to help ensure patients and their families/caregivers are able to maintain safety in their current environment.
- Complementary services, such as massage therapy, reiki, music therapy, and pet therapy.
- Pastoral-care providers offering spiritual care and support to patients and families/caregivers of all faiths, as well as a deep familiarity with Jewish traditions.
- Volunteer companionship, so you and your loved one can have the support of a gentle, engaging visitor to ease the hours with conversation, quiet company, or caregiver respite.
- Family/bereavement support to guide family members in anticipation of loss and provide grief support through a 13-month period following death.
Hebrew SeniorLife Hospice Care is a recipient of the Hospice CAHPS Award of Distinction, which is awarded to hospice organizations that demonstrate superior performance in patient satisfaction.
Learn more about Jewish thought around end-of-life issues and hospice care in our Question & Answers about Hebrew SeniorLife's Approach to Jewish Hospice.
Patients receiving long-term chronic care at Hebrew Rehabilitation Center receive similar interdisciplinary end-of-life care through our palliative care team.
Hebrew SeniorLife Hospice at Orchard Cove
Orchard Cove offers a hospice option within our long-term care community to adults in need of end-of-life care. For patients who are no longer able to be cared for at home or simply prefer a residential setting, this provides a unique opportunity for seamless round-the-clock care by Hebrew SeniorLife, the only senior care organization affiliated with Harvard Medical School.
Here, your loved one will be cared for by Orchard Cove’s interdisciplinary team of geriatricians, nurse practitioners, nurses, nursing assistants, and social workers, while also being supported in seamless partnership with Hebrew SeniorLife Hospice Care. Hebrew SeniorLife Hospice Care works in tandem with Orchard Cove clinicians to provide fulfillment and meaning during the final stage of life, as well as comfort and symptom management. These additional hospice services include, but are not limited to:
- Complementary care, such as massage therapy, reiki, music therapy, and pet therapy;
- Spiritual care and support to patients and families/caregivers of all faiths, with deep expertise in Jewish traditions;
- Volunteer companionship, so you and your loved one can have the support of a gentle, engaging visitor to ease the hours with conversation or quiet company; and
- Family support to guide family members in anticipation of loss and provide grief support.
Patients in this program pay the current private pay daily rates for long-term care at Orchard Cove. The additional hospice services described above are covered by Medicare and most private insurance, with no additional cost to the recipient.
To learn more about Hebrew SeniorLife Hospice at Orchard Cove, or to refer a patient, please contact Jennifer Linehan at 781-821-3227.
Family Member Testimonial
You have done more for my family in the short time we’ve known you than I can possibly say. And when hearing that a rabbi was part of the hospice team, it was a huge source of comfort during the toughest of days.