Hebrew Rehabilitation Center offers palliative care as a compassionate and innovative response to the pressing needs of our long-term chronic care patients. Palliative care is focused on relief of pain, symptoms, and emotional stress brought on by serious illness at any stage, including end of life.
Our specially trained physicians, nurses, social workers, and chaplains work closely with primary care teams at Hebrew Rehabilitation Center to provide:
- Treatment of pain and symptoms
- Communication and compassion
- Guidance with difficult treatment choices
- Detailed, practical information and assistance
- Emotional, spiritual, and pastoral support for patients and family members of all faiths
Unlike hospice care, which is meant specifically for those final stages of life, palliative care is appropriate for any stage of illness, from diagnosis until death – even if aggressive, curative treatment is being sought.