The Life Enhancement Program provides a variety of options to help patients continue to pursue their interests and passions. Groups, programs and events are designed to foster a sense of belonging, engagement and opportunity for personal growth while they receive care as patients at Hebrew Rehabilitation Center.
The Life Enhancement Department develops programming based on the needs and wishes of patients, with their input. Regular programming includes:
- Therapeutic programs to maintain cognitive abilities
- Center-wide programs to provide socialization for patients from different floors/households and programs
- Concerts to encourage memories and provide enjoyment
- Holiday events for patients to celebrate while undergoing treatment as they have throughout their lives
- Chair Yoga giving patients the opportunity for low level stretches along with anxiety reducing breathing
- Intergenerational programs are developed with children from pre-school age through college. This allows patients to form relationships with the children and be part of each other’s lives. The engagement is helpful in reducing depression and anxiety.
- Social Groups: men’s club, women’s club, knitting club are designed to welcome patients from all floors, giving them a sense of belonging and some control over their own lives. These clubs are run by patients and guided by the Life Enhancement staff.
The Life Enhancement Team incorporates input from patients, other departments and their own professional experience to create an atmosphere of engagement and opportunity for the patients at Hebrew Rehabilitation Center to continue to live their lives to the fullest within their abilities.